Again, such a great visit. Just too damn short. Family…..we need to fix this. A couple of highlights…..
1. My 7 yr old had her first little crush….it was on Matt. He was a pure gentleman. My husband did not enjoy seeing her head over heels infatuated with another boy, but like I told him “Really, what’s safer than a gay guy?!”
2. My sister introduced me to my first white russian….the drink, not a person.
3. When my parents met Matt for the first time, my dad thought it would be appropriate to go up to him and give him a huge bear hug…..that may have also involved a slobbering kiss. Don’t ask.
4. Mom, as always, cooked amazing food, and I have the proof, up 10 pounds on my scale.
5. Once dad found his comfy spot on my sofa, he was oblivious to everything. Which is how we like it, Wuhahahaha!!!
Thank you family…..
Lisa~ Thank you and your husband for allowing the time and money to fly out here with my sister. Thank you for the wonderful gifts, the kind heart, and feisty spirit.
Matt~ Thank you for being patient with my kids (and brother). You really hit it off with all of us, and I do believe Gracie was the most sad seeing you leave.
Anthony~ Thank you for the special bond you have with Vinnie. Sometimes Vinnie feels a little lost in the crowd, you really made him feel good.
Carolyn~ Thank you for being there. Thank you for understanding me without me having to say a word.
The Parents~ Thank you for everything, thank you for all you do for us, for making this trip happen, for talking to me through my mini breakdown (or is it break-through?) Thank you for always being there.
I will leave on this note, thanks to Dr Seuss and my dad…
“Do not cry because it’s over, smile because it happened”