This is a writing prompt from Mama Kat’s Writers Workshop
I chose……list 8 things you’re dreading about sending the kids back to school.
Here’s the thing. My youngest daughter, Sofia, will be starting kindergarten in just a few short weeks.
This is it folks, this is my last kid, my youngest, my baaaaaaby!!!!!
A new chapter of my life is about to begin! Up till this point, I have always had one of my kids at home, and come September, no more!!!!
This makes me both sad and and happy.
I am happy because for the first time in 18 years,I will actually have time to clean the house. My days will be free. No more little ones at home, (at least before 3pm)I can work on my writing, work on this blog, and as I said earlier, get the house organized.
But then again, I am sad, my baby is going off to kindergarten!!!
I have been through this three times before. I should be a pro at this by now, but it is till sad.
if my tubes were not tied, cut, burnt to a crisp,I would probably have another baby. Perhaps I will just get another cat?
Anyway, the writing prompt was to list 8 things I am dreading about sending the kids back to school…..so here it goes.
1. My youngest son, is starting middle school (6th grade) Can he handle it? Or better yet, can his teachers handle him?
2. Will Sofia be okay without me?
3. Will Sofia be okay without her pacifier? (Don’t ask)
4. Will people now judge me because I am home and have no kids at home? Will they look at me and be all like “What does SHE do all day, watch Soaps and eat bon-bons?”
5. Can I do this? Can I have four kids in three different schools, while taking my husband to work?
6. Can I really work on my writing? I mean I will have the time now, but will it work? Is this what I am suppose to be doing?
7. How will I cook dinner? Kids get off at 3:30, Husband gets off at 5 (I have to pick him up) Should I have dinner ready or cook it when we all get home? Seriously, these things keep me up at night!
8. I know I am going to cry on that first day. In fact, I will come home to an empty house, get my coffee and probably blog with tears in my eyes. So I hope some of you will be here to keep me company.
and hey, at least it is coffee I will be drinking and not vodka!!
Sofia, we love you!! Enjoy your journey, it all starts here.