Here it is, my very first post of the new year, which also just happens to be my second post in this very new blog of mine.
Without further ado, let’s get to the point.
My top five goals for 2011
1. Get in shape. Usually this would be where I say “I want to lose 20 pounds”. Well not anymore, I am no longer going to let some stupid number on the scale or inside my jeans determine my mood/self worth. Instead of focusing on the number, I will focus on eating right and exercising, everything else will fall into place. However, for the record, I would like to say that I am starting of 2011 FIFTY POUNDS lighter than I did in 2010. So…you know, I should get a cookie or something for that.
2. Write more. Whether it is on the blog, or on my personal writing projects, my goal is to write something at least five days a week. Of course it may be a quick little post here or there, or I may be lucky enough to get out 2,000 words….either way, I need to get myself in a better writing habit.
3. Prayer Journal. For me, keeping a prayer journal is so rewarding. I love being able to go back and see where God has helped me along, or showed me other areas where I need work. This is something I need to keep up with for 2011. Maybe one day I can pass it down to my kids, or if I end up with Alzheimer’s maybe my kids can read the journal to me to help jog my memory.
4. Save more money. This may be more challenging to do, as there is never a whole lot of money to save, but with a little tweak here and there I should be able to save something.
5. Appreciate the little things, never take anything granted, be thankful for what I have, not what I don’t have.
And there you have it, my goals for 2011….which I am sure will not make it till day 2.
Hope everyone has a Happy 2011!